In this role, you will support Good Manufacturing Practice
(cGMP) projects for the Quality Control laboratory at IrisDx.
In this role the successful candidate will:
● Conduct regular laboratory housekeeping duties such as autoclaving,
maintaining lab cleanliness and supply inventory.
● Prepare reagents, buffers and disinfectants.
● Assist with lab administrative tasks such as data entry and archiving documents.
● Sample collection and preparation and testing according to SOPs, collecting and
analyzing data, documenting results on in-process assay forms and/or LIMS
● Support programs for data inventory/archival process improvements
● Support programs for the QC column inventory, laboratory visual management
improvements and material specification master data generation for the
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
To participate in the IrisDx Internship Program, students must meet the following criteria:
● Physical or life sciences major with knowledge of basic microbiology.
Undergraduate research or work experience preferred. Graduate student or
highly-qualified rising Junior or Senior.
● Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
● Have hands-on experience in a biology or molecular biology laboratory. Ability to
use a micropipette, and use aseptic technique in a sterile lab environment.
● Ability to be responsible for conducting routine laboratory tasks that are critical to
successful department operation.
● Excellent written documentation and laboratory organizing skills. Ability to follow
oral and written procedures precisely.
● Be a fast learner with scientific curiosity, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and
work well on a team.
● Commitment to complete the entire internship.
● Letter of Interest
● Brief description of prior research
● Name and contact information of three references