Most of the research will be conducted utilizing cell lines and animal models. The first
part of the project will involve engineering of therapeutically active exosomes with
different RNA species. This is achieved by cloning various genetic constructs that are
introduced into producer cells and validated for expression in purified exosomes. The
second part will involve testing these exosomes in normal and tumor-bearing mice. The
third part will involve reprogramming exosomes for tumor targeting and therapy, testing
both in vitro and in vivo. And the fourth part is about delivery of Cas9 RNP by
engineered exosomes for genome editing in recipient cells.
The candidate should be capable of generating novel ideas, acquire knowledge
independently, and possess sufficient computational skills to evaluate and develop
The applicant should have a solid background in basic biology or medicine. The position
requires experience in practical lab experience in the following areas; expression
analysis on the protein (Immunoblotting, ELISA, and IP) and RNA level (qPCR).
Extensive experience in cell culture work and different microscopy techniques (ICC,
IHC, EM). The project will include animal work which requires that the applicant has
extensive animal work experience. The applicant should preferably also have
experience from work with EVs.
Previous experience with molecular cloning is a merit. In addition, excellent proficiency
in both spoken and written English is essential. We are looking for an energetic and
passionate person who fits in and actively contributes to our team.
The initial fellowship is awarded for the duration of 12 months, with possibility for extension depending on scientific progress.
● Design, execute and record laboratory experiments; apply standard scientific/research protocols to experiments, research and improve current methods and evaluate innovative techniques.
● Design and perform experiments and record data according to research protocol.
● Independently reproduce, evaluate, research and improve techniques currently used.
● Adapt new methods to existing procedures and modify current experiments through scientific knowledge and intuition.
● Maintain accurate and detailed records of all laboratory work and experiments.
● Develop, set-up and verify new procedures in the laboratory.
● Standardize and establish new published procedures; evaluate innovative techniques.
● Develop new assays and new protocols, design formats.
● Discuss relevant insights about experimental results with Director and provide useful recommendations and analysis.
● Troubleshoot and correct erroneous results or problems with laboratory equipment.
● Maintain and repair equipment; monitor proper use by personnel.
● Maintain optimal protocol and assay accuracy by conducting regular quality and reproducibility checks.
● Demonstrate performance at work, consistency in carrying out instructions, accuracy & attention to detail, achieving expected results & continuous improvement.
● Draft, write and edit scientific reports, papers, journal articles, and abstracts.
● Present at local, national, and international scientific meetings.
● Train and supervise the work of other laboratory personnel as appropriate.
● Maintain an integral role in the laboratory's meetings, presentations, and publications.
● Present information on research and laboratory work to others at laboratory meetings, and seminars.
● Demonstrate attendance and punctuality, ability to work independently & display initiative and dedication
● Assist in preparing, writing, and maintaining fiscal budget.
● Monitor expenditures and prepare capital expenditure requests.
● Prepare, approve and initiate check requests; track funding, maintain accurate balance, and resolve any discrepancies.
● May act as a mentor to more junior staff, serve as the contact for resolution of complex issues, provide education, guidance, and work direction.
● May provide input and feedback to managers on hiring decisions, professional development, and performance management.
Education / Experience
Required:Ph.D. in Microbiology with a strong background in extracellular vesicle biology, immunology, molecular & cell biology, and/or cancer biology is especially desirable.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
● Letter of Interest
● Brief description of prior research
● Name and contact information of three references