The candidate should be capable of generating novel ideas, acquire knowledge
independently, and possess sufficient computational skills to evaluate and develop
The applicant should have a solid background in basic biology or medicine. The position
requires experience in practical lab experience in the following areas; expression
analysis on the protein (Immunoblotting, ELISA, and IP) and RNA level (qPCR).
Extensive experience in cell culture work and different microscopy techniques (ICC,
IHC, EM). The project will include animal work which requires that the applicant has
extensive animal work experience. The applicant should preferably also have
experience from work with EVs.
Previous experience with molecular cloning is a merit. In addition, excellent proficiency
in both spoken and written English is essential. We are looking for an energetic and
passionate person who fits in and actively contributes to our team.
● Design, execute and record laboratory experiments; apply standard
scientific/research protocols to experiments, research and improve current
methods and evaluate innovative techniques.
● Design and perform experiments and record data according to research protocol.
● Independently reproduce, evaluate, research, and improve techniques currently
● Adapt new methods to existing procedures and modify current experiments
through scientific knowledge and intuition.
● Maintain accurate and detailed records of all laboratory work and experiments.
● Develop, set up, and verify new procedures in the laboratory.
● Standardize and establish new published procedures; evaluate innovative
● Develop new assays and new protocols, design formats.
● Discuss relevant insights about experimental results with Director and provide
useful recommendations and analysis.
● Troubleshoot and correct erroneous results or problems with laboratory
● Maintain and repair equipment; monitor proper use by personnel.
● Maintain optimal protocol and assay accuracy by conducting regular quality and
● Demonstrate performance at work, consistency in carrying out instructions,
accuracy & attention to detail, achieving expected results & continuous
● Draft, write and edit scientific reports, papers, journal articles, and abstracts.
● Present at local, national, and international scientific meetings.
● Train and supervise the work of other laboratory personnel as appropriate.
● Maintain an integral role in the laboratory's meetings, presentations, and
● Present information on research and laboratory work to others at laboratory
meetings, and seminars.
● Demonstrate attendance and punctuality, ability to work independently & display
initiative and dedication
● Assist in preparing, writing, and maintaining fiscal budget.
● Monitor expenditures and prepare capital expenditure requests.
● Prepare, approve and initiate check requests; track funding, maintain accurate
balances, and resolve any discrepancies.
● May act as a mentor to more junior staff including postdocs and interns, serve as
the contact for resolution of complex issues, provide education, guidance, and
● May provide input and feedback to managers on hiring decisions, professional
development, and performance management.
Education / Experience
Required: Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
Minimum 3 years postdoc experience in extracellular vesicle biology,
immunology, molecular & cell biology, and/or cancer biology
Preferred: Demonstrated history of publication in peer-reviewed journals and successful grant funding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
● Letter of Interest
● Brief description of prior research
● Name and contact information of three references